Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hip-Hop Violin- an upcoming trend...

So I woke up before work yesterday and first thing I see on TV is two brothers jamming out with violins with hip-hop music. I thought to myself, never seen these guys before- and this is kind of cool. The most popular hip-hop violinist currently is a woman named Miri Ben-Ari, who has performed/wrote music with Janet Jackson, Twista and Kanye West. But these guys who are known as Damien and Tourie Escobar are worth a listen. The Escobar brothers make up the group know as Nuttin But Stringz.

Check out their video from the Tonight Show on the main page of their website.



(click image to view video)

1 Comments:

At 7/29/2005 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found you though Langa....

Visited Miri Ben-Ari's site and vied the videos. Unbelievable!

The Escobar brothers were pretty cool too.

Overall, I was pleased with landing on this site. Nice job. Bookmarked!

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog