Monday, January 16, 2006

Buy Angelina Jolie's ultrasound picture on ebay

This auction claims it’s for a real copy of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s baby ultrasound picture. The seller claims:

“This ultrasound picture was given to a friend of mine. They sent it to me as a gift.”

Of course the first thing I thought was, is this legal? Fortunately, the seller clears any legal confusion:

Q: Doesn't this go against the HIPPA law stating that you need patient's consent to release any type of their medical documents? Will buyer get in trouble if they purchase this?

A: First of all, I think you spelled the law incorrectly, but as stated in the question before this. You are not receiving MEDICAL DOCUMENTS. When a Dr. give's you an image that you make copies of and give it out, that becomes personal property. Thanks for your question.

Q: How did your friend get this?? Isnt is illegal to sell somebodies medical records?

A: I will not comment on the friend receiving this. However I will tell you that this isn't a 'medical record'. Receiving a copy of an image is not considered a medicle record. It is considered a gift. Thanks for your question.

Click here to see the actual eBay auction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog