Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Atheists sells himself on eBay to go to church

‘Selling yourself’ on eBay is becoming more and more prevalent each day. Check out this auction:

"I'm a 22-year-old Atheist from Chicago. I stopped believing in God when I was 14.

So, here's my proposal. Everytime I come home, I pass this old Irish church. I promise to go into that church every day-- for a certain number of days-- for at least an hour each visit. For every $10 you bid, I will go to the Church for 1 day.For $50, you would have me going to mass every day for a week.

My promise: I will go willingly and with an open mind. I will not say/do anything inappropriate. I will record my visits through a journal, pictures, or whatever other method of proof you'd like-- I will uphold my promise.

*UPDATE* This auction sold for $504.

Click here to see the actual listing for this eBay item.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog