Man weighs 1,000 pounds, down to 400
Patrick Deuel, who once weighed more than 1,000 pounds, has lost another 81 pounds in a surgery that removed a mass of fat and skin hanging from his midsection.

He could lose even more through exercise, said Harris. "But if Patrick never lost another pound, I'd be a happy camper," Harris said.
When Deuel came to Sioux Falls for gastric bypass surgery in 2004, he weighed 1,072 pounds.
He was so large his bedroom wall had to be cut out to extract him from his home. He was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance with extra-wide doors and a ramp-and-winch system that had to be dispatched from Denver.
I’m still unsure how people gain this much weight in the first place. I mean, I understand that some people are naturally obese by their genetic history- however, I don’t think it’s engrained in your DNA that you’ll weigh over a thousand pounds. That can't be natural. Article here.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog