Professor dragged and killed by crocodile
A University of Washington medical professor who moved to Botswana to alleviate a doctor shortage was killed when a crocodile dragged him from a canoe, his family and colleagues said.
Richard K. Root, 68, was on a wildlife tour Sunday of the Limpopo River after visiting a clinic in the area.

The tour guides were wary of hippos, but there had been no reports of crocodile attacks in the area, Gluckman said.
Root was a nationally known expert in infectious disease and the former chief of medicine at Seattle's Harborview Medical Center. He had moved to the southern African nation only this month to train health care workers to deal with AIDS.
Dude! This is like something straight out of a movie! If I was on this ‘wildlife tour’ I really wouldn’t believe my eyes if I saw this happen. Article here.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog