City worker uses billboard to find new job
A laid-off city worker has taken an unconventional approach to finding a job- posting an ad on a billboard.
Mary Witt, 48, has been looking for full-time work since December, when she was laid off from her City Hall secretarial job. She sought help from employment agencies and scoured Internet sites and newspapers looking for full-time work, all to no avail.
Her husband, Tim, came up with the billboard idea. He said, "The money, to be honest, was an issue. But I just thought it would get her out there."
They paid $600 for a 10-foot-tall, 22-foot wide billboard. It includes a photograph of a smiling Mary and the words: "Mary W. Administrative Assistant Looking for Employment." It will be up for a month.
"It's hard out there. That's what I want people to know," she said. "I've worked almost nonstop since I was 17 years old. I'm a worker. I don't want to sit at home."
Depending on the location of the billboard… this isn’t a darn bad idea. In fact, for $600 it’s a pretty good one (considering all the free PR you get from the news media). Hats off to Mary Witt, you sly-dog you… I hope you get the job of your dreams. Or I hope you just get a job in general. Article here.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog