Perfect attendance since kindergarten?
Not a cold, nor a cough, or even a cheerleading trip to Disney World could stop one local high school student's perfect attendance streak, in Denver.
Dakota Ridge High School senior Janel Barnes has attended class every day since she was in kindergarten. It's a record she says some of her friends don't understand.
"They always give me a hard time. They say miss school, come ditch with me. I say no, I'd rather not," said Barnes. In fact, many of the students the television station talked with couldn't relate.

Not only does Janel go to class every day, but she also participates in school sports and works a part-time job.
"It’s always time consuming and I work, too, so sometimes it's hard to do homework, but I get it all done and get good grades," she said. Janel is considering continuing her perfect attendance streak in college next year. Article here.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog