Thursday, August 10, 2006

Someone cancelled couples wedding reception

A couple's big day was nearly ruined by a malicious caller who cancelled their wedding reception.

Emma Moschakis went to decorate the Archers Road social club in Southampton on the eve of her wedding only to find someone had cancelled the event.

"I just felt sick. I could not believe it was happening and I just ran out the door in tears," she told BBC News. Family and friends rallied around and another venue was found. Police are now investigating who made the call.
The 25-year-old mother-of-two from Southampton said when staff told her someone had cancelled the event she was left speechless. "A load of emotions ran through me - my mind just blanked."

Her husband Anthony said their friends and family managed to save the day. "We were getting married at 12:30 so we only found out at 11 that everything was sorted and arranged."

The reception on Saturday for 100 people was eventually held at a local restaurant. Article here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog