Friday, September 15, 2006

Big newborn -- baby weighs nearly 15 pounds!

A baby boy born Tuesday in Connecticut weighed in at nearly 15 pounds, the average size of a 6-month-old.

The infant, Stephon Hendrix Louis-Jean, broke a hospital record, weighing in at 14 pounds, 13 ounces and measuring 223/4 inches in length.
The baby's arrival could not have come at a better time, said the baby's mother. “I was very uncomfortable,” Marie Michel said Wednesday as she shook her head. “My oldest son had to help me get in and out of bed. I can't sleep at night. I had to put a pillow under my belly.”

Four of her other sons were also big babies, but Stephon is the largest, she said. Her 13-year-old weighed 9 pounds, her 8-year-old twins weighed in at 81/2 pounds each and her 3-year-old son weighed 111/2 pounds at birth. He already drinks three ounces of formula and was too large for the newborn diapers provided by the hospital. Article here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog