Friday, November 03, 2006

Kanye West is pissed he didn't win 'Best Video'

Kanye West unleashed an outburst after failing to take home the gong for 'Best Video' for his 'Touch The Sky' promo at the EMAs.

Crashing the stage as winners Justice and Simian collected their silverwear for 'We Are Your Friends', the hip hop star spat, "F*ck dis! (My video) cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it, I was jumping across canyons and sh*t! If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility. Nothing against you (J&S), but hell man."

His verbal tirade left audience members gasping but it didn't end there.
After the show the offended star continued to vent his spleen in the press conference. He told the world's media he was upset because he had "the best video."

"I haven't seen (the Justice and Simian video). Possibly it could have been quite good but no way better than 'Touch The Sky'. That is complete bullsh*t, I paid a million. Obviously it's not all about the money, but the response it got transcended everything, it really made great TV.

"It took a month to film; I stood on a mountain; I flew a heliocopter over Vegas. I did it to be the king of all videos and I wanted to walk home with that award."
He said of the Justice and Simian's win: "That was some spread the love bullshit, 'Oh everyone should have an award'. Please press people print 'Kanye says f*ck that!'

But proving he wasn't just a sore loser, the harangued hip hop star said he was happy to lose out to Justin Timberlake in the 'Best Male' category. "Obviously Justin should have won, he's on fire and he's an inspiration to me," he said. Article here.

2 Comments:

At 11/02/2006 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, kanye -- chill out dude, spending a lot of money doesn't mean you will win

 
At 11/03/2006 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN!

he gotta lose this attitude or he'll end up in nowhere!

So what? 1 Million and Pamela
uhmm, are these standards to get you to win Best Video?

omar

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog