Monday, April 09, 2007

iPod saves soldier in Iraq from getting shot.

"his iPod was in his jacket pocket. It slowed the bullet down enough that it did not completely penetrate his body armor. Fortunately, Kevin suffered no wound."
The two of them were within just a few feet of each other when they opened fire. The insurgent was killed and Kevin was hit in the left chest where his iPod was in his jacket pocket. It slowed the bullet down enough that it did not completely penetrate his body armor. Fortunately, Kevin suffered no wound. Read the full story here.


(thanks stu)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4/09/2007 3:19 AM, Anonymous art said...

Finally a good use for ipod!

 
At 4/09/2007 8:27 AM, Blogger Ramsey said...

Art -- you don't like iPods? Really? What don't you like about them... i'm not sure I could go without mine (sad, I know).

 
At 4/09/2007 9:00 AM, Anonymous Lawyer said...

If I were a PR guy at Apple, I would send him a new one for free. Apple is going to get tons of PR for this...

We should see this on the news in a few weeks... thats normally how it works. :-P

 
At 4/09/2007 9:42 AM, Anonymous art said...

I like mp3 players that allow me to handle my music as I want, not as Apple thinks I should be allowed to.

Otherwise, the iPod is a nice gadget. But not for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog