'Transformers' isn't that great of a movie?
I'm worried... I WAS excited to see this movie, but I just read a really bad review in the NYtimes. Is this movie going to flop?
via nytimes.com:
Boys and their toys are in full formation in “Transformers,” a movie of epically assaultive noise and nonsense. The result is part car commercial, part military recruitment ad, a bumper-to-bumper pileup of big cars, big guns and, as befits its recently weaned target demographic, big breasts.

Just as easy on the eyes, though for other reasons, are the two female leads, the genius hacker in throw-her-down heels (Rachael Taylor) and the grease-monkey bombshell (Megan Fox) who helps Sam rise to the manly occasion. These walking, talking dolls register as less human and believable than the Transformers, which may be why they were even allowed inside this boy’s club.
The movie waves the flag equally for Detroit and the military, if to no coherent end. » Read the full review / article here
Labels: movie reviews, transformers







4 Comments:
Update -- just talked to a co-worker who saw the movie last night, and she loved it. Wheew. I feel better.
I haven't even seen it, and I hate it already. Transformers, sheesh.
I'll stick with the '80's cartoons... there's no way this movie isn't a turd sandwich.
What the fark? In all seriousness, go see it. Critics have no sense of humanity, this movie was absolutely fantastic. Yes, as an Australian I was horrified by the way the hacker chick spoke (that's not our real accent by the way, that's just horrible), but other than that, it's... just the best movie ever.
Post a Comment
<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog