Monday, May 26, 2008

Kids hold up embarrasing signs for punishment

A single mother said she is at her wits' end with her children's behavior, so she's making them hold signs at a busy intersection as punishment.

Christina Wilcox and her children stood at an Omaha street corner on Thursday night. One son held a sign that said: "I'll never have a girlfriend. I can't respect my mom." Another son's sign proclaimed him a thief.

"They'll learn by embarrassment," Wilcox said. "They'll learn. I've tried grounding them and disciplining them in every form and way, and this the only way I can get through to them." Mason, 7, is being punished for stealing.

"He's starting down the wrong road of thieving and then lying about it," Wilcox said. "He's thieved from a couple of friends, from a store, and I just don't want it to proceed."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5/27/2008 10:53 AM, Anonymous IceBox said...

This makes me laugh! I'm from Omaha and really wanted to stop by and check it out after work but they were already gone by then. What makes this more humorous is that she isn't the first mom to do this. It happened about 6 months ago with another family. Not very original now is she haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog