Here's my golf swing.
--

Labels: personal blog entry

This entertainment blog showcases crazy news, pictures, and celebrity gossip. Occasionally, I talk about my life as well. Consider it slapdash if you will, I prefer to describe my actions as... Across the Board. Updated whenever I feel like it.

Labels: personal blog entry
7 Comments:
Well, did it go straight? If so, don't screw with it. You're not swinging too hard and you look relaxed -- both very important. You finished well, well. Most of the weight on your left foot is good. The one glaring thing I see is the bend in your left arm. Keep it straight all the way through the swing. You probably won't be able to swing as far back that way, but that's OK.
Other than that, if the ball's going straight, don't mess with anything!
Most of my drives have a really bad slice. Unless I choke up on the club, my drives slice pretty hard. Even then, it's not full-proof when I choke up that it won't slice. So the answer is no... it doesn't go straight all the time!
Thanks for the tip on the left arm -- I'll see if I can improve on that.
http://onnetworks.com/videos/golf-tips
Free golf tips podcast. From the first few episodes, I started to improve my game. Quick shows, but you leave with some quality tips.
Episode number 1 is all about driving.
Enjoy!
Hey, i work in a major golf store and watch hundreds of people swing each week. One problem that i saw was your wrists. If, like you said, you're slicing badly its because you are opening the face of the club, this is done because you look like you might be turning your right hand somewhat skyward. Weight transfer looked good though, try snapping your hips through more, and turn your belt buckle towards your target :)
Looks like a solid foundation....but there's always room for improvement:
1. Your right hand is underneath too much. When you grip the club, your left thumb should point straight down the shaft and your right thumb and first finger should make a V over that thumb. It'll feel weird at first, but any change in your swing will always feel weird.
2. You're shifting your weight back and forth too much. Your upper body should rotate on top of your lower body. You don't need to move weight to your right foot, only to your left after you swing. That's one major tip...keep your weight even between your feet, both from left to right as well as heel to toe. This gives you a solid foundation.
Bonus tip: Never keep more than 2 swing thoughts in your head at one time. If you try to work on too many changes then you'll end up forgetting some. Start with the weight being even, that usually allows you a solid enough foundation to make a good swing.
Watch this video too, they seem to have some good tips.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aMtQjnsoD8c
How do I know all this? I've been playing since I could walk and my dad works for Ping.
-Brian
PS. Buy Ping golf clubs, they're the best...and get custom fitted.
weekend! Those videos were actually pretty good! Thanks for the link-tip.
Brian, Renner & That Canadian Guy... Everything your saying seems to make sense. However, I'm a little confused on the grip "V" advise. I'm going to write down these tips and try them all out.
Brian, by the way I play with Ping i5 irons (steel shaft).
I can't thank you guys enough for the golf tips! Very much appreciated. I'll be on the course Saturday morning... :)
Ping does make good clubs, but they need to be fit PROPERLY! Lots of times though the fitting thing is over-rated. You could go with the Callaway's or TaylorMades, which are the same quality. Shoes will help as well. Try changing your tempo as well, it should feel like a 'click-clack' backswing to follow through. I dunno, just a few more ideas
Post a Comment
<< Back to Across-the-Board Blog