Thursday, July 20, 2006

Let’s just say she’s flexible

Man exposes his cash and prizes at Arby’s

Decatur police Tuesday arrested a man for allegedly masturbating in front of an employee at the Arby's drive-through window.

According to the employee, Kenneth Michael Dobbs, 24, went through the drive-through in the nude June 21. He returned July 2 to place another indecent order with his pants around his ankles, said police Sgt. Steve Campbell.

The woman working the window told police she saw him masturbating on both occasions.

The second time, an officer nearby saw Dobbs leaving the parking lot of the Spring Avenue restaurant and pulled him over, Campbell said.

However, dispatchers told the officer only that a man harassed a cashier in the drive-through. He didn't know about the indecent exposure allegations, Campbell said.

Officers arrested Dobbs on two warrants charging him with indecent exposure. Article here.

I think this lemur dude is cool looking

Man urinates inside a gas station freezer?

A taxidermist was arrested for allegedly entering a gas station's freezer and urinating on $500 worth of merchandise.

Michael Heyer, 50, was taken into custody Saturday after an employee at the Sunoco Convenience Store said he exposed himself and wandered to the back freezer, where he urinated on hot dogs, creamers, milk, cheese, chili, juice and cans.

He was charged with one felony count of criminal mischief, exposure of sexual organs and disorderly intoxication, according to an arrest report. Article here.

How in the hell did this happen?

Dude flips his Jeep during his driving test?

A 16-year-old boy apparently had a seizure during his driving test, causing him to hit five vehicles, flip his Jeep and wreck the front of a store.

The teen and other drivers were treated at a hospital after Monday's crash. The driver's license examiner, Gregory Desmet, 59, of Macomb County's Shelby Township, was hospitalized overnight with a broken arm.

The teen, whose name was not released, drove the 2004 black Jeep Cherokee above speed limits, hit four cars and rolled over before going airborne and crashing into another car, which was pushed through the window of a rug store.

"Based on what Mr. Desmet told us, it appears the driver may have suffered some kind of seizure," Dearborn police Sgt. Doug Topolski told The Detroit News.

The boy probably will avoid charges, police said. Getting that license, however, is a different story. Kelly Chesney, a spokeswoman for the Secretary of State, said the teen won't even be allowed to retake the test until he provides an explanation of what happened from a doctor. Article here.

Man takes his clothes off in 7.5 seconds

84-year-old woman runs over 84-year-old man

An 87-year-old Tamarac man is dead after his elderly landlord backed out of her driveway and struck him with her car.

Broward authorities said Milton Katz was sitting in a lawn chair at the end of the driveway when he was hit by 84-year-old Lola DeSanto.

According to the Broward County Sheriff's Office, witnesses yelled for DeSanto to stop, but she ran over Katz a second time as she pulled forward. She apparently put the car in reverse and rolled backward again, striking Katz a third time.

He was airlifted to North Broward Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. DeSanto's daughter said her mother looked before she backed up, but didn't see anything. The investigation will continue Wednesday. Article here.

Beer belt

Man cleans washing machine with gasoline?

City firefighters extinguished an appliance fire early Tuesday after a South Scranton man attempted to clean his washing machine with gasoline, officials said.

Gerard Dougher, 54, was apparently trying to get rid of a sticky substance in the drum of his washing machine, possibly a pack a bubble gum, when he thought it would be a good idea to rinse it out with gasoline, Assistant Fire Chief Jeff White said.

He cleaned the interior with fuel and ran it through a cycle before it started to smoke. “No sooner after he put it in, he smelled gas and thought, ‘That was a pretty stupid thing to do,’ ” Assistant Chief White said.

The machine overheated and subsequently caught fire.

Mr. Dougher’s wife, Deborah, awoke to smoke alarms. She went to the basement and saw her husband near the washing machine, which was in flames.

Mrs. Dougher and the couple’s 13-year-old daughter left the house. Officer Thomas McDonald responded and told Mr. Dougher to leave.
No injuries were reported.

In his 25 years as a firefighter, Capt. Gallagher said he’s never seen a fire start like that. Article here.

Beware of the Dog

Python snake swallows electric blanket?

It took surgery to save a 12-foot Burmese python after it swallowed an entire queen-size electric blanket - with the electrical cord and control box.

The blanket must have gotten tangled up in the snake's rabbit dinner, owner Karl Beznoska said. He said he kept the blanket in the 60-pound reptile's cage for warmth.

Fostvedt said specialists at the University of California-Davis School of Veterinary Medicine told him it probably would have taken Houdini six hours to swallow the blanket and the snake probably would have died without the operation.

X-rays showed the tangle of the blanket's wiring extending through about 8 feet of the python's digestive tract. The surgery to remove it took an 18-inch incision.

Neither Fostvedt nor fellow veterinarian Barry Rathfon had operated on a snake before. "We just basically called a couple of specialists and they told us where to go in," Fostvedt said.

He said it would take several days for Houdini's anesthesia to wear off because snakes have such slow metabolism. Houdini has been with Beznoska for 16 years, and is a popular show-and-tell guest in local schools. Article here.

Fun with photoshop...

Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock = married?

Showbiz news, along with many others, have confirmed that Pamela Anderson is getting married to boyfriend Kid Rock. Anderson and Kid Rock got back together earlier this month in St Tropez, and now are tying the knot. They now plan to wed on a friend's yacht near the exclusive French Rivera town on July 29.
Pamela had this to say on her own website: "Yes, I'm finally getting remarried... it's been a whirlwind... spontaneous but well thought through."

This might cause a slight delay for traffic

(click to enlarge)

Plastic surgeon being sued for losing nipples

Thirteen patients have active malpractice suits against the head of plastic surgery at a prestigious Bronx hospital, The Post has learned.
They include a woman who claims Dr. Berish Strauch lost her nipple during breast-reduction surgery and another who says he removed her navel in a tummy tuck.

"I just hope you can save some others because this man has to be stopped," said 67-year-old Elizabeth DeCarlo of Strauch, chairman of plastic and reconstructive surgery at Montefiore.

DeCarlo said he removed so much of her skin he didn't have enough to form a belly button.

She added she's lucky she's alive - because she turned blue during the five-hour operation, which should have taken half as long. DeCarlo suggested that Strauch, 72, pack up his medical bag.

Attorney Harry Katz, who represents a 38-year-old woman who claims she went to Strauch in 2001 for breast-reduction surgery and came out missing the nipple on her right breast because it rejected reattachment.

Manhattan lawyer Harvey Levine and his associate, Peter Gleason, represent an 11-year-old girl, who they say went into surgery with Strauch in 2001 to have a birthmark removed - and came out looking a lot worse because the doctor put a bandage on too tight and stopped blood flow, killing tissue. Article here.