Monday, January 14, 2008

1.) Scary: he's jumping into this pile? 2.) Disturbing: he saved all of these Gatorade bottles?

Dude drinks gasoline, hit lit a cigarette -- starts fire.

A German man is being treated for serious burns Monday after accidentally setting his apartment ablaze when he mixed up a bottle of gasoline with alcohol, police said.

The 56-year-old apparently grabbed the wrong bottle and took a swig from the gasoline flask, then spat it out when he realized his mistake. The gas hit a lit cigarette, sparking the fire, police said. » Article here

Labels: ,

This dude gets knocked the f@#$ out.

Labels: ,

Family finds maggots in Gerber baby food.

A California mother found maggots in two jars of baby food as she was preparing to feed her infant.

It was dinnertime Tuesday night when Tims went to the cupboard for a jar of baby food to feed her 8-month-old daughter, Nyla. That's when, she said, she made a sickening discovery. "I went to pull it out and then I looked at it and I was like, 'What is that?' And I just thought it was a piece of something on there," said Tims. "And I just saw a little squiggle and I was like 'Oh my God. That's a maggot.'" » Full article here

Labels: ,

Caption this.

...why I would never do the "ski jump" event in the Olympics

Woman sets boyfriend car on fire, suggests "get some marshmallows"

A woman was arrested over the weekend in connection with a car fire. 51-year-old Gayle Winfrey was apparently angry with her boyfriend, who according to investigators, was more interested in sleeping than in participating in the argument. Lieutenant Moore said Ms. Winfrey decided to set fire to her boyfriend's car, using gasoline and a stick of incense. The details all came out in a confession shortly after the fire.

After setting the car on fire, Ms. Winfrey said she went back to her boyfriend, telling him that he "might want to get some marshmallows." When he still showed no interest in getting up, Ms. Winfrey evidently panicked and tried to put the fire out with a small fire extinguisher, but by that time the flames were just too intense. Chattanooga firefighters arrived moments later and quickly put the fire out, but the car was considered a total loss. » Article here

The 3-in-1 beach chair.

Labels:

Photoworthy: U.S. and Mexico border

Dude throws himself out window with Christmas tree

A German man threw himself out of an apartment window along with a Christmas tree during a late-night attempt to dispose of his festive decorations.

The man fell 22 feet after he lost his balance throwing the tree onto the street Saturday, police in the western city of Moenchengladbach said. The tree did not break the victim's fall.

The man was taken to hospital in critical condition with severe head injuries after witnesses saw him fall. » Article here

Labels:

College student wrecks his BMW.

Labels: ,

She's out of toliet paper.

Mean mom sells son's car after finding booze in his car

Jane Hambleton has dubbed herself the "meanest mom on the planet." After finding alcohol in her son's car, she decided to sell the car and share her 19-year-old's misdeed with everyone -- by placing an ad in the local newspaper.

The ad reads: "OLDS 1999 Intrigue. Totally uncool parents who obviously don't love teenage son, selling his car. Only driven for three weeks before snoopy mom who needs to get a life found booze under front seat. $3,700/offer. Call meanest mom on the planet."

The 48-year-old from Fort Dodge says she has fielded more than 70 telephone calls from emergency room technicians, nurses, school counselors and even a Georgia man who wanted to congratulate her.

The only critic is her son, who Hambleton says is "very, very unhappy" with the ad and claims the alcohol was left by a passenger. » Article here

Labels:

Watch this dude do tricks in the bathtub. WTF.

Chewing gum can cause extreme weight loss?

Sorbitol, a sweetener used in sugar-free products such as chewing gum, can cause intestinal problems and severe weight loss, according to a report in BMJ, formerly the British Medical Journal.

Researchers said it has laxative properties and is poorly absorbed by the small intestine. In at least two patients, that led to chronic diarrhea, pain and up to a 20 percent loss of body weight.

The authors of the study said that people with intestinal problems may not think of sweeteners because possible side effects are usually found only within the small print on food packages. » Article here

Labels:

Bitch slapped!

Labels:

Dude killed after pulling escalator stunt in mall

A man died after falling several stories in a Hollywood shopping mall while apparently attempting to slide down the banister of an escalator, authorities said.

The victim's friends told officials the man "had been drinking quite a bit," said Los Angeles police Officer J. Boyer. Boyer said the man lost his balance and plunged several stories onto the steps of a moving lower-level escalator.

The man was not identified. He was taken to a hospital where he was declared dead from a head injury.
» Article here

Labels:

Genius to think this would be a beer pong table.

Labels: ,

Kids put pig fetuses on car antennas for revenge prank

Stolen pig fetuses that showed up on car antennas in the Dowling Catholic High School parking lot this week have been traced to the Roosevelt High School swim team, whose coach Friday promised punishment.

Teter said the prank was "retaliatory" for an earlier incident in which his team was "bombarded with snowballs and foul language" hurled by Dowling students on a visit for a meet the Maroons won, 99-71. » Full article here

Labels: ,